If it won't be simple, it simply won't be. [Hire me, source code] by Miki Tebeka, CEO, 353Solutions

Thursday, September 07, 2006

GmailTray

Didn't find any good email notification that will support
Gmail for Your Domain so I wrote one.

Very basic, but does exactly what I want. Took me about 2 hours to get the initial version up and running.

Basic design:
  • Store visited emails UIDL in pysqlite database (which will be in 2.5 standard library).
  • Have tray icon change color when there are new messges (I hate popups).
  • Open speficifed web page to view items
  • Small configuration screen
All of this was done using:
Source code is only 226 lines of code.

After that just some py2exe and InnoSetup. We now have a cool looking windows application with an installer.

No comments:

Blog Archive